Green energy generation is at the centre of what we do and allows us to drive all the other environmental benefits of our approach.
Onnu Green Energy Hubs are pyrolysis plants co-located with energy customers that provide reliable, carbon negative energy to decarbonise your business.
We operate our Green Energy Hubs as a complete onsite managed service, which means we:
- Evaluate feasibility and calculate projections
- Fund and build the plant - no CAPEX from you
- Tailor the build to match your energy / process requirements
- Obtain the necessary planning permissions / permits
- Operate and maintain the plant 24/7
- Source local waste biomass as a constant source of fuel
- Collect and sell the biochar
- Manage the carbon credit qualification process
Our partners have:
- A public commitment to achieve Net Zero
- Consistent heat or cold energy need
- An accessible location close to rural areas
- Up to 500m2 of suitable land within 500m of your site
- An agreement to purchase the energy for 10 years
From our feedstock network
What do you currently pay for energy?
£ - per kWh
What are your energy requirements?
Over 10 years
Over 10 years
(from fossil fuels)
Sustainable development goals achieved
Your route to
Our Green Energy Hubs are not traditional biomass waste-to-energy, where burned waste releases the CO2 previously captured.
The pyrolysis process is not only emissions-free, but captures and stores carbon, making it one of the leading technologies in fighting climate change.
By getting your energy from Onnu, you are:
- Utilising 100% renewable energy
- Driving a local circular economy
- Enabling carbon removal technology
- All of this counts towards 6 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and your carbon footprint calculations taking you to Net Zero and beyond.
What happens onsite
Trucks deliver waste biomass
Up to 5 days worth is stored onsite
Plant processes up to 500kg/h
Up to 2MW heat or cold energy generated
Biochar collected in bags and removed for sale
What happens next?
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
Start the transition to carbon negative energy with zero commitment. We follow a robust process to ensure that we do not proceed unless we can prove that your decarbonisation project will be a success.
We will analyse your energy requirements, site location and all the necessary criteria and provide a free feasibility report.
Business case and project plan
We'll look at the planning, engineering, costs, your ESG gains and create an implementation plan.
We’ll draw up an agreement, and the implementation begins.
Book an energy consultation
Find out more
We build our plants with the most advanced technology from the worlds leading manufacturers, ensuring reliability and optimal performance.
Generation of Green Energy
Our Green Energy Hub operations produce large amounts of excess heat which can be generated into a fully sustainable, carbon negative energy source for your business.
Pyrolysis is the only practical and available carbon removal technology available today, and is a critical tool for the world's journey to Net Zero.